Fear vs. LOVE (5 ways to shift from fear to LOVE) Written by Wendy Weymann
Have you noticed there is a lot to be afraid of these days? Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of people are struggling with fear & anxiety, I also notice it’s really easy for me to get caught up in the downward spiral of fear & negativity. One thing my yoga & meditation practice has helped me with over the years is the ability to shift from fear to LOVE. So in honour of sharing what I know to be true, here are 5 things I do when fear starts to take a hold of me:
1. Do yoga :: I carry a lot of stress & anxiety in my physical body, if I go to yoga it always helps to release it.
2. Take a deep breath & repeat this phrase :: INHALE, EXHALE. Everything will work itself out.
3. Trust that the world is an inherently good place :: my kids are teenagers now & I have to keep reminding myself of this every time they go out on their own. There are always more good people than baddies, in the midst of every human tragedy good people always step up & help.
4. GRATITUDE :: I’ll write a gratitude list, think of 3 things I am grateful for right now or I have friend that I sometimes text what I’m grateful for & then she hits me back with what she is grateful for – it helps. (hit reply to this email & tell me what you’re grateful for = I’d love it if my inbox was filled with gratitude)
5. Face your fear :: it’s tempting to get into denial or avoidance but when I face the fear I can usually let it go & keep moving forward. Someone I love could get hurt or get diagnosed with cancer, I could lose my job & face financial ruin and, and, and…..once I really figure out I’m afraid of it usually takes the power away from it. A good friend of mine said that whenever she gets in the fear state she also tries to remember that something really amazing & great could also happen.
So here's to making the shift,